A window blind is a means of covering a window, by achieving similar results to those obtained by fitting drapery. Blinds are typically the same width and height as the window itself or slightly wider and taller, depending on whether they are fixed inside or outside the window's reveal. If you wish to get custom blinds for your Toronto home, call Mayfair today.
We are glad to offer services such as reupholstering and broadloom.
At Mayfair, we measure and install to make sure that your blinds are a perfect fit for not just your windows, but your style.
Our “Shop at Home” option brings our specialists to your home where we’ll work with you to find the right window solution for your home. Call today to enjoy the convenience of shopping for shades and blinds on your schedule and in the comfort of your own home.
Choosing window blinds, or shades depends on a few factors. Here are some quick questions you should ask yourself or that we can discuss together as you look for new window blinds for your Toronto home:
- Amount of light you would like to let in – are you looking to block out all light (e.g. in a bedroom for sleeping) or would you like to still have some light diffuse through while offering you privacy (e.g. a living room or kitchen window that faces the street or the house next to you)?
- Aesthetics – are you interested in using your blinds or shades as an accent in the room or are you more of a minimalist?
- Materials – do you have a preference on what your shades are made of? Heavier materials will help to keep out the hot sun in the summer and keep in the warmth in winter but they’ll allow less light and will be stiffer to use. Lighter materials can sometimes be more delicate and susceptible to accidents.
- Longevity – are you the kind of person who will change up your décor every few years or will these be in your windows for the next 20 years if possible?
- Safety of your family – If you have young children, this needs to be taken into consideration when it comes to the blind chords. Would you like to install cord stops or cordless blinds?
We offer a wide variety of blinds and shades to match your style, functionality, and aesthetic. As we are a custom blind retailer, you’ll get to work with our experts to strategize, measure, and decide on your desired fabric, style, and functionality for a window covering solution that best fits you and your home.
Our blinds selections include:
- Sunset Shades: These solid pieces of fabric are light enough to allow diffused light in but solid enough to ensure privacy.
- Dual Shades: For the ultimate in custom comfort, these shades allow you to create personalized privacy and shade options by combining two shades into one – a sheer back with a slatted front.
- Aluminum Blinds: Versatile and well-matched to most décors, these blinds offer a cost efficient option and a classic look.
- Horizontal Blinds: Add some soft style while you block out the sun and gain privacy with these sophisticated blinds. They can seamlessly cover larger window expanses.
- Honeycomb Shades: These shades offer excellent energy efficiency in both warm and cold climates while also looking beautiful.
- Vertical Blinds: These blinds offer easy maintenance, total light control, and a touch of style and elegance to whatever room you choose to put them in.
Once you’ve decided on the blinds you want, we’ll bring in our professional team who will use their experience and expertise to install them for you.
If you have any questions about the types of blinds we carry or wish to “Shop at Home” with one of our specialists for new window shades for your Toronto home, please don’t hesitate in calling Mayfair today. You can also fill out our online form for further information on our window shades in Toronto.